Zoning Resolution Article 14
TWO FAMILY RESIDENTIAL DISTRICT (R-2)
The R-2 district is designed to provide for a one and two family residential environment.
14.1 Principal Permitted Uses
The following provisions apply in all R-2 districts. In an R-2 district, no person shall hereafter use any building or structure except in accordance with the following provisions:
1. All uses principally permitted in R-1, R-A, R-IB districts unless otherwise provided.
2. Two family dwellings.
3. Publicly owned and operated libraries, parks and recreation facilities.
4. Type B family day care home.
5. Accessory uses customarily incidental to the above permitted uses.
14.2 Conditionally Permitted Uses
1.Home Occupations or Home Offices, subject to the following conditions:
a. No person other than members of a family residing on the premises
shall be engaged in such occupation.
b. The use of the dwelling unit for the home occupation shall be clearly
incidental and subordinate to its use for residential purposes by its
occupants and not more than twenty-five percent (25%) of the
residential floor area of the dwelling unit shall be used in conducting
the home occupation.
c. There shall be no change in the outside appearance of the building or
premises or other visible evidence of the conduct of such home
occupation other than one sign, not exceeding two (2) square feet in
area , non-illuminated.
d. Home offices will only be accessory offices for members practicing
any of the professions, including accountant, architect, artist, engineer,
lawyer and physician.
e. If the home is in any residential zoning district, no traffic shall be
generated by such home occupation or home office in greater volumes
than would normally be expected in a residential neighborhood and
any need for parking generated by the conduct of such home
occupation shall be met off the street and other than in a required
f. No equipment or process shall be used in such home occupation
which creates noise, vibration, glare, fumes, odors, or electrical
interference detectable to the normal senses off the lot, if the
occupation is conducted in a single-family residence.
14.3 Development Standards
a. Minimum Lot Area 2 acres
Without Sewer & Water
b. Minimum Lot Area
With Sewer & Water 1 acre
c. Minimum Lot Frontage 200 ft
Without Sewer & Water
d. Minimum Lot Frontage 150 ft
With Sewer & Water
e. Minimum Front Yard Setback 50 ft
f. Minimum Side Yard Setback 10 ft
g. Minimum Rear Yard Setback 50 ft
h. Minimum Floor Area 1000 square feet per dwelling
i. Minimum Setback for corner lots: Half the required front yard setback.
j. Maximum building height: 35 feet
k. Setback on cul-de-sac: Refer to Section 22.20
14.4 Required Parking
As specified in Article 24.
As specified in Article 25
Supplementary District Regulations
As specified in Article 22.
As specified in Article 23.
14.8 Accessory Structure
1. Except as otherwise provided herein, no accessory buildings or structures, or use shall be erected or carried on in the required front yard.
2. A detached private garage or other accessory structure may be erected and used in the interior side or rear yard
a. When such accessory structure is located in the rear yard, a minimum side and rear yard of ten (10) feet shall be maintained, unless the structure is 1,500 square feet or greater than the minimum side yard and rear yard shall be twenty (20) feet.
b. In no case shall an accessory structure be located closer than twenty (20) feet to any street line or alley.
3. An accessory building shall be a minimum distance of ten (10) feet from any main building.
4. No accessory structure shall be used for human habitation.
5. No accessory structure shall be used for commercial or industrial purposes.
6. Accessory structures shall not cover more than thirty-five (35) percent of the required rear yard.
7. Accessory structures must be subordinate in area to the principal use.
8. The maximum height of any accessory structure shall be twenty (20) feet.
9. Private swimming pools, refer to Section 23.5.